Companies which TOMOEGAWA CO., LTD. has 50% or more of direct or indirect voting rights (excluding holding companies)
Means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person which will be used by the Company, etc.
General Data Protection Regulation
Means any operation or set of operations which is performed on personal information, whether or not it is performed by automated means. The operations refer to collection, recording, organization, structuring, storage, adaptation or alteration, retrieval, consultation, use, disclosure by transmission, dissemination or otherwise making available, alignment or combination, restriction, erasure or destruction.
Means users who provide personal information to the Company, etc. through the inquiry form on the Company’s website or another method, pertaining to the products and services of the Company, etc. or the recruitment activities of the Company, etc.
A system by which information about the user who accesses the Company’s website is temporarily recorded on the user’s device. This technology allows the Company to collect data, such as the history of the user’s visit to the website and history of the user’s activity on the website.
Personal Information the Company Will Collect
The Company, etc. may collect your personal information in a variety of situations, including receiving inquiries or orders from you regarding the products and services of the Company, etc. The Company, etc. collect the following personal information :
- Name of your group or organization, your address, your name, your contact information such as e-mail address.
The Company, etc. do not collect sensitive personal information, such as genetic and health data.
Purpose of Using Personal Information and Legal Grounds
The Company, etc. will use the personal information it collected from you for the following purposes :
- To implement liaison, contracts and negotiation, etc. necessary for business deals
- To provide information on the products, services or exhibits of the Company, etc.
- To respond to complaints regarding the products and services of the Company, etc.
- To use in marketing activities carried out by the Company, etc.*
- To contact and provide information to applicants in the recruitment and hiring process carried out by the Company, etc.
- When the Company, etc. uses any information, including your interests, preferences and browsing history, acquired from any third party other than us by linking to your personal data already in our possession, the Company, etc. will obtain your prior consent and use such combined information within the purposes of use listed above.
Notwithstanding the above, the Company, etc. may use your personal information if the Company, etc. gather your information based on your consent, or if the Company, etc. need to handle the information in order to comply with its legal obligations.
If the Company, etc. use your personal information for purposes other than the above, they will provide additional information related to such purposes.
Safety Control Measures
The Company, etc. will take measures for proper management of personal information to prevent leakage, loss or damage as follows :
This policy is set to ensure proper handling of personal data and inform you of contact information for inquiries and complaints.
- Establishment of rules concerning handling personal information
- Formulation of personal information protection rules applicable to each stage of acquisition, use, storage, provision, deletion and removal regarding handling methods, persons in charge/personnel and their responsibilities.
- Organizational safety control measures
- Assignment of persons in charge of handling of personal data
- Limitation of the scope of personnel who may handle personal data and the scope of personal data handled by such personnel
- Establishment of systems to report to supervisors in case of occurrence of violation, or the likelihood of violation, of applicable laws and regulations or company rules
- Establishment of systems to conduct periodic self-inspections of the status of handling personal information
- Personnel safety control measures
- Periodic provision of information and education with employees on matters that require attention to handle personal information
- Provision of matters related to confidentiality of personal information in the employment rules
- Physical safety control measures
- Restriction of entry of employees to the areas where personal information is handled, limitation of bringing equipment, and prevention of unauthorized persons from accessing personal information
- Taking measures for prevention of theft or loss of equipment, electronic media and documents, etc. by which personal information is handled
- Taking measures to prevent personal information from being easily identified when carrying equipment and electronic media, etc. by which personal information is handled in the office or elsewhere
- Technical safety control measures
- Implementation of access control to limit the scope of personnel and personal information to be handled
- Introduction of structures to protect the information systems that handle personal information from unauthorized external access or illegal software
- International transfer
At present, the Company, etc. does not entrust handling of personal information to any person overseas or does not receive personal information from any third party overseas, etc. If such handling occurs, the Company, etc. will take necessary safety control measures based on comprehension of the systems for protecting personal information in such relevant countries. The Company, etc. will also release relevant information on our website, etc. and revise this policy.
Joint Use of Personal Information
The Company, etc. will not retain the personal information they collected for a period beyond the limit necessary for fulfilling the purposes for which it was collected. In addition, if the personal information becomes unnecessary in light of the purposes for which it was collected, the Company, etc. will erase the relevant personal information.
You are entitled to the following rights regarding the personal information held by the Company, etc. :
- Right to access, correct, erase, and restrict use of personal information
- Right to file a complaint regarding the handling of personal information
- Right of data portability (right to directly transfer your personal information)
Changes to This Privacy Notice
Request to Disclose Retained Personal Information
The Company, etc. will respond, without delay, to a request from the individual concerned or such person's representative to disclose his/her information in connection with its retained personal data, except as specified below. In the event that the Company, etc. determines not to disclose such personal data or if such retained personal data does not exist, the Company, etc. will notify the requesting person of that effect.
- When disclosing personal information is likely to harm the life, body, property or other rights or interests of the person or third parties
- When disclosure is likely to significantly impede the proper execution of the business of the Company, etc.
- When disclosure violates the laws and regulations
The Company, etc. will also respond to a request from the individual concerned or such person's representative to correct, add or delete or to suspend or terminate the use of, erase or suspend third party provision of his/her information in connection with its retained personal data after verifying the request and in accordance with the laws and regulations.
Please contact us by mail, e-mail or fax at the following contact information shown in Article 10.
|Department in charge||
General Affairs& Compliance Office
8:30-12:00, 13:00-17:00, Monday to Friday
3-1 Mochimune tomoe-cho, Suruga-ku, Shizuoka-shi, Shizuoka, Japan
President and CEO Yoshio Inoue
TOMOEGAWA CO., LTD.
2-1-3 Kyobashi, Chuo-ku, Tokyo, Japan